TOP 8 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE ELEMENTS MUSIC CAMP
(a camper/organizer’s perspective. edited)
1. First of all it’s FREE. There’s no application fee. You get to spend 5-days in paradise surrounded by the people you only hear on the radio without spending a thing! I repeat, you’re not spending money!
2. You get to be mentored by the best people in the music industry. I am kidding you not! During my time as a camper, Louie Ocampo taught us how to improve our melody writing, Gary Valenciano gave us tips on how to be a responsible songwriter, Gary Granada and Noel Cabangon talked about lyric writing. This thing only happens here. You have 24 mentors to choose from and they will help you with open arms.
3. Once chosen, you will now be part of a growing musician network that is beyond geographical boundaries. This year marks our 5th year, so basically, you’ll be gaining 300 musician friends + mentors. Add another 5 years to that, we will have a network of 600 musicians + mentors. This is a huge deal. This, my friend, is the future of the Philippine Music Scene.
4. This is not just a 5-day workshop thing. The learning doesn’t end in Dumaguete. Now that we’re back in the real world, we are actively gigging in the metro. We do monthly gigs for the campers, sometimes once a month, or on good months, we have three. We also have campers night in Cebu (if you’re in the Visayas area) and in Davao/CDO (if you live in Mindanao). These productions are organized by the campers themselves with the help of the 7101 Music Nation Team. We don’t want campers to look for gigs anymore. As much possible, we make one for them.
5. UNLIMITED SUPPLY OF FOOD AND DRINKS. Yes. Everyone who attended camp never forgets the food! Think, Hogwarts! We have a feast every single night! If you’re on a diet… well, you’re screwed!
6. ONCE IN A LIFETIME JAMMING. There’s a time where everyone just grabs an instrument and jam with whoever is playing on stage. This happens every single year. You’re singing by yourself on stage feeling all nervous and then all of a sudden, Raimund Marasigan is drumming along with you, followed by Jay Durias on keyboard, Noel Cabangon and Gabby Alipe on Electric Guitars, Ebe Dancel and Aia de Leon on back-up vocals. Yes. YOU ARE PLAYING YOUR ORIGINAL SONG with the most awesome people in the world!
7. FUTURE COLLABORATORS. There’s a huge possibility that some of your campmates will be your bandmate and/or sessionist when the need arises. Some of the mentors may become your producer someday.
8. You got nothing to lose. When you do get in, you will feel absolutely elated. The satisfaction in knowing that YOU were chosen out of all the applicants is in itself, a HUGE accomplishment.
So in conclusion, if you are singer-songwriter or if you know anyone who wants to be part of something great then this is the BEST place to be. The application will end in TWO DAYS. Submit your application while you still can.
Apply HERE: www.elementsmusiccamp.com.ph
Application ends on AUGUST 31, 2014!