In a matter of hours on Friday, Typhoon Haiyan completely devastated parts of the central Philippines. It was one of the strongest storms ever recorded. The death toll is estimated up to 10,000 with hundreds of thousands more displaced. The country has declared a “state of calamity.”
To all our…
Last Friday, typhoon Haiyan locally called typhoon Yolanda one of the strongest typhoons ever recorded in history hit the Philippines leaving 20 provinces devastated. An estimated 4 million people were affected. 10,000 deaths were reported as of date. Thousands of families have lost their homes and loved ones. We need all the help we can get. Here’s a condensed list of how you can help and where you can send your donations:
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- donations via Victory Philippines
- Tulong Kabataan Relief Drive
- relief operations via University of the Philippines
- relief operations via the Department of Education
- pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Global Giving
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via World Food Programme
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- donations via UNICEF Philippines
- donations via CARE Australia
- donations via Caritas Internationalis
- donations via GMA Network (credit card)
- donations via World Vision
- donations via AmeriCares
- donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
I’m playing this song on LOOP. Hehe. Get it? I know I’m not that good with puns but yeah… the band is actually called ‘Loop’ and they’re from Iligan City! You HAVE to PRESS PLAY. DO IT.
Their first single is called Lite and it is extremely addicting. I’ve been on a high ever since I heard it. I like it because you don’t need to take drugs to feel the “high”. You can feel the glory of first love just by listening to it. (Mushy, I know.)
In all honesty, I think this song is extremely well-made. I liked how they arranged the track. Not to mention, the recording quality is quite impressive for an independent record. I’m definitely buying a copy when they release it digitally. I hope they’ll have it on itunes soon.
If you’re looking for something new, and you just want to feel giddy for no apparent reason, then this song is definitely FOR YOU. Radio Republic featured this yesterday as well so you better believe me when I say it’s good!
I adore you even how you say my name
and I love you just the same
ever since you came
- Loop (Lite)
Source: SoundCloud / loopiligan
This Three Minute Commercial Puts Full-Length Hollywood Films to Shame.
SO MANY FEELS on this one. It’s worth a share.
Found this on gawker, you can see their review HERE.
Music Heals: MOONWLK
I first heard about this electropop duo a couple of months ago when Zach (who’s the Program Director at RadioRepublicPH), was listening to their SoundCloud page one rainy afternoon. I remember him asking me what I think about them and I wasn’t really sure what to say since the first song was just okay. He figured I wasn’t into the first track so he played me another song. The next song he played completely changed my mind and now I’m a fan.
The song is called, ‘Choose Me’. You can listen to it HERE.
Follow the band on twitter: @MOONWLKmanila
Log on to www.radiorepublic.ph to read more about them.